Every individual who drives a vehicle would have lost their keys at least once in a lifetime. Even if you haven’t, you can imagine the trouble it would cause, especially if you do not have a duplicate key for the same. If you are in you’re at your residential place, you can simply call anybody for your help and make a duplicate key for your vehicle. But, what if you are traveling and you are stranded in unknown place due to loss of keys? This is when your car key replacement insurance comes handy. You can avail this cover from the pocket insurance category offered by Bajaj Finserv, one of the leading Non-Banking Financial Companies of India.
3 Ways to Replace Car Keys
Replacing car keys might be a costly affair. Following are the three smart ways to replace your car keys:
- You can claim your car insurance policy. Some insurance would offer complimentary key replacement cover along with the main policy. You can check if your insurance company provides the same and of not, this would be not a good option for you.
- You can call a garage person if you have locked your keys inside. The person would help you take out the keys with some nominal charges or even for free (only if they know you!).
- If you have separate car key replacement insurance like the ones offered by Bajaj Finserv, you can claim for a key replacement in case your car or residence was broke-in. You need minimal documentation for claiming with Bajaj Finserv.
Features and Benefits of Key Replacement Insurance from Bajaj Finserv
- Key replacement within a short period for your residence as well as your car.
- There is a facility to get reimbursed for the labor cost borne to make duplicate keys.
- If the key replacement procedure takes more than 24 hours, you can get reimbursement for the rent you paid for taking other transportation.
- With Bajaj Finserv lost key replacement insurance, you can enjoy quick and hassle-free claim process.
- In case of theft, you can claim for the labor cost incurred for replacing the lock and key. However, the charges of the lock are not payable by the company.
- If you get yourself locked outside your car or home, you can avail reimbursement of the costs paid to the locksmith.
What is excluded from the Insurance Policy for Lost Keys?
- Any costs other than the ones mentioned above are not covered under the plan.
- If you have a primary and secondary residence, you need to buy separate policies for each residence. One plan would not cover the costs of key replacement of both the residences.
- If you do not use a vehicle for your personal use, no key replacement or reimbursement will be done under this cover.
- This cover is applicable only for the existing customers of Bajaj Finserv.
- What are the Documents Required to insurance policy Claim Reimbursement for Break-in?
- You need to submit an official police FIR that includes the details of the incident that took place.
How to make a Claim with Bajaj Finserv?
- You can directly call on the number provided in the policy document.
- You can submit a written application with the details of the incident.
- In case your home or car is broken in, you need to submit an FIR copy for the same within 24 hours of the incident.
- You can submit the receipts of key replacement costs paid to locksmith to the company and avail a reimbursement.